The Michigan Secretary of State's Office requires driver re-examinations in the following situations, after which driving privileges are denied:
- Driver accumulates 12 or more points on driving record, within a two year period of time;
- Driver has medical or other conditions rendering him/her potentially unable to safely operate a motor vehicle;
- Driver has been involved in accidents resulting in fatalities;
- Driver has violated restrictions granted on license; or
- Driver has been involved in 3 or more "at fault" crashes within a two year period of time
If you've you'd had your license suspended for any of the above reasons, your suspension is not permanent and with help from a lawyer, you could be back on the road sooner than you thought.